Housing Authority Updates
IMPORTANT PUBLIC MESSAGE:
ATTENTION: WE ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC BUT OPEN FOR SERVICE. PLEASE SEE THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO BE ASSISTED. WE APPRECIATE YOUR UNDERSTANDING.
During the onset of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, I wrote to you with notification of our efforts to keep us all as safe as possible while continuing to provide you with safe, decent housing. In order to achieve this goal, we closed our program and administrative offices to the public and implemented some ways in which we do business, with some employees remaining on site, and others working remotely.
Effective Immediately, the following changes will again be implemented, until further notice:
- All non-emergency inspections will be postponed until further notice.
- We will close our offices except for scheduled appointments but will continue to be available by telephone or email. Please call us instead of visiting the office. Continue to contact us to report income changes, ask questions about your rent, or report a problem. (Please note that your obligations under your lease or voucher remain unchanged.) You will be asked to mail, fax or email documents for later validation so that we can continue to perform our necessary work to meet your housing needs.
- Routine work orders will be postponed. Emergency and urgent work orders will continue to be conducted.
- Community spaces will remain closed.
- Remote Board Meetings
- Remote Hearings
- We are committed to ensuring that you have a welcoming place to call home during these challenging times. Please stay safe and well.
If you have any trouble with accessing information contained within this website, please contact Michelle Johnson, Executive Director, at 301-345-3600 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org